Monday, November 24, 2008

STOP Bangauing ....

Last Saturday (22 Nov 2008), Me, Fiona, BB and Patte attended the “Entering Corporate World Seminar" ..... It was held in 1B Ballroom & I must say it was truly a free seminar that all young women of Malaysia shud attend... Beneficial and interesting. Still, in every seminar, there are always a few slots that is worthy of calling BORING.... I only interested on 2 of the slots there....


Btw, the first speaker was totally boring and I was bored all the way. Well, he was talking for only 20 minutes but it felt like an hour long... I mean he is a lecturer from a highly respective institution, yet his talk seem fell FLAT!! I mean his point was like something that students can also put up or something that he pulled out of the internet. I mean he was supposed to talk about "Global Minds Global Reach" , but I didn't get his points... I'm soreeee but that was the painful truth..!!! I guess him being a "bidan terjun" had to do with his boring talk... The only thing that wows me over his talks was his use of English words (powerful yet slightly far off)!! I do hope as he progresses in this field, he will gain more experience and improve for the benefit of all his listeners.


As for the 2nd speaker, she was ok for uplifting our spirit & I must say I did enjoyed her talk.... She shared a lot of her past experiences which I found interesting, humorous and fun as well useful.... It was the reality of entering the corporate life... She totally open my mind about the "Glass Ceiling" and I guess we are all living in an unfair world... To all the ladies, heads up and be smart!!! I love her quote ~~"Work smart will help u go up" ~~ "Don't go to the boardroom through the bedroom"~~ "Plan ur money"~~

The 3rd speaker was definitely open my mind and she was good... I was motivated by her talk and 20 minutes seems too short for her slots ... She do know what she's talking about. For me she was the 'Surprise' of the day… I’m soreee, but she looks like a granny… & I didn’t expect anything that interesting from her…. But then, surprisingly….. Oh yeah, I was looking straight to her with awe and astonishment. Her points were clear and concise, really straight to the point. I was listening all the way and taking notes… That much useful information really worth listening and worth taking notes….!! In a way I felt motivated by her word of wisdom “You holds the destiny in ur hand”… Hohoho… True 2 that!!! As for her summary….Gosh, I wish I did write it down…It was inspirational.


Then, when its time for Q&A Session, I did ask 1 question to Ms Liyo Wei … (I 4got the exact question I ask her)… Anyway, I surprise myself as well, I didn’t even stutter and there’s no ‘ummm’ , ‘aaa’ moment… ahahaha… Funny eeh….!! Still, I am happy to say I was the first 2 asked a question in a room full with people plus I even got a gift (‘Talian Nur’s Mug’) for it… Serious…!!


The 4th speaker was again boring for the fact of it was already lunch time and people like me decided to listen to our hungry tummy instead of his talk… Soreee but the hunger seems to consume us more than him… Plus, there were too many slides with too many words … I mean enough already… I know it was supposed to be beneficial, but then do aware that we are also human, the slides were too much to handle…….!!! Plus he has this habits that he keep on repeating throughout the talks somewhat annoying as disgusting to some of us… ~~Need no elaboration for that~~!!!

The last speaker was better and it did put us in a mood after our lunch… It manages to save us from sliding farther to Boredom Ville…. I can only say I enjoyed his talk very much; there is not even a slot that bore me…. I even hold my pee the entire time so that I didn’t miss anything…silly but worth it!!! At the same time, the information, examples and tips he provided was quite interesting, useful and fun for all of us… We were laughing all the way and yes I did gained a lot from the speaker – Mr Rizal. We didn’t even notice that it was the end until we were told that’s the end and thank Q for coming by the MC. Hahaha… What a day … Another Saturday that didn’t go to waste.
 

Eliz_roxZ | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates